The California Teachers Association State Council of Education is the statewide representative body of the Association. State Council has over 600 delegates that are elected statewide by members at a ratio of 1 to 350 members. These representatives meet four weekends a year to perform the following functions:
- Serve as the legislative and policymaking body of CTA.
- Elect the Executive Officers and other members of the Board of Directors for CTA.
- Determine the amount of CTA dues
- Adopt the annual CTA budget of the Association
- Amend the California Teacher's Association bylaws
Please contact one of our CUEA State Council Delegates if you have any questions, concerns, or comments that you would like brought forward regarding any of the issues listed above.
List of State Council Delegates
The State Representative Council is usually held four times each school year. Meetings are located in various parts of the state in October, January, March, and June.
State Council Reports