Expected to teach to the Common Core English/Language Arts Literary Standards, but have no materials? No worries! As a result of an on-going national project, classroom teachers along with experts in the field, have developed lessons for selected stories in the K-5 Open Court reading series; the 6-8 Prentice Hall(Timeless Voices)English anthologies, and a few lessons of the McDougall Littell "Language of Literature" anthologies. All lessons, available on Edmodo, provide text-dependent questions, vocabulary development, and writing tasks that are carefully aligned to the Common Core.
To access lessons follow these directions:
1. Log onto to EdModo. (it is easy to join, go to www.edmodo.com)
2. Find "Groups" on left-hand panel;click on the encircled + found next
the word "Groups" and a window will open, click on Join.
3. Join will take you to "Join Group"
Elementary use this Group Code: F4Q6NM (all caps)
Secondary use this Group Code: pkx4sp (all small case)
4. Once you have joined the group, go to folders.
5. Lessons are found in the folders listed by publisher
Elementary: find MH Open Court
Middle School: find PH Timeless Voices (last folder of the list)
High School: find ML Language of Literature